This is a sample of the sort of thing we are emailed regularly.
The Mornington Peninsula Prize 2010
Offered by the Fellowship of Australian Writers (Vic) Peninsula Region
Short Story Competition
A short story of up to 3,000 words: open theme and genre.
First Prize $300, Second $150, Third $50, Highly Commended and Commended certificates.
Entry Fee: $7.50 per story.
Conditions of Entry:
- Stories must be entrant’s own work, must not have been published and must not have been awarded First Prize in any other competition.
- A fully completed entry form is required; blank entry forms may be photocopied.
- 12 pt Times New Roman / Courier font, double-spaced and single-sided on A4 white paper.
- Entrant’s name not to appear on manuscript, only on entry form.
- Staple entries on top left-hand corner.
- Entrants are advised not to send original copies of their stories.
- Entries to be sent as hard copies only.
- No email submissions accepted.
- Multiple entries accepted, but each story entered requires the nominated fee.
- Entries breaching these conditions will be disqualified by the Competition Co-ordinator. The judge(s) determine prizes and commendations. These decisions are final.
► Competition opens 3rd May 2010 and closes 30th July 2010. Open to residents of Australia.
► For an entry form / results sheet, please send a SSAE to P.O. Box 574, MORNINGTON, VIC, 3931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
► All money orders and cheques are to be made payable to: FAW Peninsula Branch. Please do not send cash in the mail.
We are looking for unique and well-written stories, so enlighten us, make us laugh or cry, but make it memorable for your chance to win.